Joel Uckelman on 3 May 2003 17:14:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Siege of Tunis, October 1805

So, the Tunis garrison inflicts 15% losses (which I think rounds down to
nothing) and 2.3 morale loss breaking the luckless Tripolitanians in the
first round.

The Tripolitianians inflict 5% losses (which I think also rounds down to
nothing) and 0.5 morale loss.

Note: It may seem really negligent that I didn't leave a fleet with the
Tunisian corps so it could ship back to Tunis in case Tunis fell. In fact
that's exactly why there was a fleet in Benghazi until this month. But,
I reasoned, now there's no need for that since if I take Tripoli, it makes
no differerence if the Tripolitanians capture Tunis, as they'll be standing
down next turn and so won't take control of it, and if I don't take Tripoli,
they'll stick around to defend it. Imagine the look of horror on my face when
after seeing Kyle's orders I reviewed the rule for conquering minors and found
that I really would have been in danger of losing Tunisia had I not won
the siege. Well, looks like I got away with being a doofus this time. Note
to self: stop making mistakes. :)

Thus spake dice-admin@xxxxxxx: