Kyle H on 22 Apr 2003 02:52:01 -0000

[eia] 2nd Nemirov wrapup

    Prussia gets a roll on Pursuit Table 1 to see if there are any losses in
pursuit.  As far as I can tell, the Russian stack must retreat to the space
due north of its previous position.
    Since JJ isn't around to do his history monkey chores, here are the
results of the battle (as far as I can tell):

The Russian side starts with 29I, 8C, and 3.2 morale.  The Prussian side
starts with 6Gd, 11C, 14I (French), and 29I (Prussian).  The Russian side
chooses Defend; the Prussian side chooses Echelon.

Prussian first round:  rolled an unmodified 1 on table 1-3 inflicting no
casualties and 0.3 morale damage.
Russian first round:  rolled a 1 modified to a 2 on table 4-1 inflicting 2
casualties (1 French) and 0.4 morale damage.

Prussian second round:  rolled a 5 modified to a 4 on table 2-3 inflicting 6
casualties and 1.5 morale damage.
Russian second round:  rolled an unmodified 3 on table 3-1 inflicting 2
casualties and 0.5 morale damage.

<Austria reinforces with 34I, 8C, 3Gd.>

Prussian third round:  rolled an unmodified 1 on table 2-4 inflicting 5
casualties and 0.9 morale damage.
Russian third round:  rolled a 5 modified to a 6 on table 2-1 inflicting 3
casualties (1 Austrian/1 French/1 Prussian) and 1.1 morale damage.

Total losses:  Russia suffers 11 casualties and 2.7 morale damage.  The
Prussian side suffers a total of 7 casualties and 2.0 morale damage.
(Prussia has a total of 4 casualties, the French corps on loan suffers 2
casualties, and the Austrian army suffers 1 casualty.)  [The French corps
has now lost a total of 5 of its original 20 factors.]

No political points are gained or lost for this battle.  After the Prussian
pursuit roll, Russia's land phase will begin.

kdh