Kyle H on 21 Mar 2003 17:46:01 -0000

Re: [eia] cossacks

    Since more than one person has commented on this, apparently my purpose wasn't clear.  I was in no way trying to second guess or otherwise criticize Jim's orders.  They seem perfectly fine to me.  I was simply trying to remind everyone (myself included) about how cossacks work.  That's it.  My apologies if it seemed to anyone like I thought there was a problem with Jim's orders.

kdh
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [eia] cossacks

At 10:19 AM 3/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:
    I don't know about everyone else, but I had forgotten how cossacks work when they are by themselves.  So, as a public service, I figured I'd remind everyone (including myself).  10.1.2.2.3 says that cossacks always get to retreat automatically unless the attacking force has a cavalry corps with them.  And then they still have a 2/3 chance of retreating.
    So the moral of the story is:  there's not much point in trying to hunt them down, because they will almost always get away from you.

kdh

Well, moving a corps there did open up the supply line to Minsk.

Mike