J.J. Young on 9 Feb 2003 17:46:01 -0000

[eia] Prussian land phase July 1805-read before replying to the last one

When I said the optional rule is that a depot can only supply _3_ corps, I was actually saying that it can only supply _4_ corps, in an ancient dialect of English which only I understand.  Sorry, I should have said 4.  : )

-JJY
----- Original Message -----
From: J.J. Young
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [eia] Prussian land phase July 1805

Kyle is correct that your line of depots, as it is now, works for supply but not for reinforcements.  For this to happen, one more depot would need to be created in a Prussian city within 2 spaces of Posen or Warsaw.
<      Since the majority agree Posen is a valid supply source here are Prussia's orders:

<Depots Destroyed:  none
<Depots Created:      Brest-Litovsk ($1)

<2I Posen to Warsaw ($.5)

This is $0.5 _each_, right ?  So the actual cost for both is $1.

<1I Warsaw to Brest-Litovsk ($.5)
<1I Brest-Litovsk to Minsk and beseiges ($2)
<1I west of Warsaw to Brest-Litovsk ($.5)
<1I in Vilna drops 1 gar. and moves to Minsk to join the seige ($2)
<FI Warsaw to Brest-Litovsk ($.5)
<Saxons Posen to Warsaw ($.5)

Did the Brunswick leader move to Brest-Litovsk or stay in Warsaw ?

Hmmm.  Wait.  I do see one problem.  Are we using the optional rule that says a depot can only supply three corps ?  If so, then a change is needed, because the depot in Brest-Litovsk is feeding 5 corps.  Without changing where the corps have moved, one of the corps in B-L would have to be fed from Warsaw, which would cost an additional $2 for a total of $10.  Or, alternatively, the French corps moving to B-L could be the first to go there, and forage at 5-, or the Prussian corps in B-L could go there first, foraging at 4-.

That's the only thing I see.  Just let us know what you'd like to do, Jim.

-JJY