jjy on 13 Dec 2002 15:25:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Battle of the Sicilian straits

The reason the Who May Fight rule didn't seem painfully obvious to me was the
fact that the French were at war with some of the attacking fleets, but not
all.  The rule states that fleets in the defending stack are ignored "if not at
war with the attacker", which leaves it to interpretation whether "the
attacker" means _all_ of the attacking fleets or _any_ of the attacking
fleets.  The language is unclear, at least to me.  Sorry if I'm being obtuse.

The Franco-Russian land phase is next.

-JJY