Michael Gorman on 12 Dec 2002 22:49:01 -0000

Re: [eia] evasion attempt ?

At 04:37 PM 12/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
I am very sure of your answer to this question, but I have to ask; does the Franco-Russian stack wish to attempt to evade the attack from the British Vi, Spanish II, and Turkish I fleets ?

-JJY
        As the combined stack is declaring an attack, only the Russian fleet qualifies as a defender.  The French fleet cannot be attacked as it is not at war with the Turks or the Spanish and lacking a transported Russian corps, undeclared war battles are not allowed.  So, the Russian fleet will attempt to evade, but the French fleet will not be a part of the battle as it does not meet the who may fight rules.