jjy on 11 Dec 2002 16:41:01 -0000

Re: [eia] evasion attempt off Naples

As regards interceptions, I would assume that a stack ending its movement in
the same area as an enemy stack, declaring an attack upon the enemy stack,
could be intercepted in an _adjacent_ area by that enemy stack, but not in the
same area where the attack is being declared.

In other words, a would-be attacker could be ambushed on the way to the naval
battlefield, but once the sea area where the battle will take place is reached,
an interception is no longer possible since a battle will already take place.

I am not trying to say that once an attack is declared, the defending stack
cannot intercept other stacks moving nearby, since the rules seem to allow that
for some reason.

Would everyone agree with this interpretation ?

-JJY