menexenus on 4 Dec 2002 18:43:02 -0000

[eia] War crime!!! :-)

   An open letter to Selim III, Sultan of Turkey,

   News has reached France of an appalling war crime perpetrated by troops
under Your Majesty's command.  Apparently a surrendering Russian force was
massacred by Turkish forces at Silistra.  We hope Your Majesty will agree that
this unfortunate incident must never be repeated!  France implores Your Majesty
to do whatever is necessary to bring those responsible for this heinous crime
to justice.  We also implore Your Majesty to use His influence among the
Turkish military command to ensure that Turkish troops are never again guilty
of such reprehensible conduct.

Most sincerely,

Napoleon Bonaparte,
Emperor of France