menexenus on 2 Dec 2002 21:30:02 -0000

Re: [eia] Battle of Salonika, May 1805

   For the record, I agree with Joel.  Withdrawal is generally a one shot
deal.  Either you get away or you don't.  The thing with Outflank is just an
exception to that rule.  (And it makes pretty good sense.  The pinning force
in an Outflank maneuver isn't doing much more than a force engaged in a Probe
maneuver.  Basically, if the withdrawing troops don't run into the flanking
force, then they should be able to get away.)

kdh