Michael Gorman on 27 Nov 2002 20:01:05 -0000

Re: [eia] Battle of Corfu

At 02:43 PM 11/27/2002 -0500, you wrote:
    I don't understand why Mike says there is no eligible port.  Can't the
Russian fleet retreat to either of its ports in the Black Sea?  (Since
Russian corps are laying siege to Constantinople, aren't the Dardanelles
open right now?  After all, if the Russian fleet was able to leave the Black
Sea, then there should be no problem entering it again in the same naval
phase, right?)  If there is something I'm missing here, please let me know
what it is.
    Of course, Mike has the option of allowing Joel to choose which sea zone
to retreat to if that's what he wants to do.  But that's his choice - it is
not forced on him.

kdh
6.3.5.1 SEA AREA RETREATS AND PURSUITS: The naval combat loser retreats all fleets that were in the combat to the one nearest unblockaded friendly (including an ally's port, with access permission and if the loser wishes to use it) port within seven movement points (losing player's choice if more than one possible port is equally close). Some, none or all of the victorious fleet(s) may pursue to follow the losing fleets and blockade that port.

I haven't seen a way to reach Sevestapol or Odessa in less than 8 moves.

Mike