Joel Uckelman on 5 Nov 2002 02:02:03 -0000

Re: [eia] Peace of Munich ?

Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> I think this name might be more appropriate, since it is where Bonaparte's
> court is currently being held, and there is no place where Spain's,
> Austria's, and Prussia's forces are all together.  Just a suggestion.
>
> God Save the King !
> -JJY

I seem to recall a saying from playing pickup football when I was a kid:
"Losers walk." The team that was just scored upon proceeds to the other end
zone to receive the ball, allowing the scoring team a moment to rest.
Shouldn't Napoleon go to them, not vice versa? The Congress of Vienna
wasn't in Paris, after all.

--
J.