J.J. Young on 11 Aug 2002 20:38:03 -0000

Re: [eia] One besieged forage roll or many?

There are many places in this game where separate corps have to make
individual forage rolls, regardless of the number of factors they contain.
For one corps containing 10 factors in an area, you would have to make 1
forage roll.  If there are 2 corps in the area instead, both containing 5
factors, then you have to make 2 forage rolls, regardless of the fact that
the same number of human beings are present.  In fact, if you have two corps
you get a penalty to your forage roll !  I think the exact same principle
applies to foraging inside a besieged city;  the rules never state that
foraging for besieged corps is different in this way, although it seems like
a big enough difference that I would definitely think the rules would say
so.

I think that since 7.4.5.2 uses the language "besieged garrison and/or
corps" this definitely implies the possibility of multiple forage rolls
inside the same city, or they just would have said "garrison" or "occupying
forces".  I'm not sure what relevance 7.5.4.1 has at all.  Please explain
more fully.

-JJY