Joel Uckelman on 29 Jun 2002 16:41:03 -0000

Re: [eia] escrow question

Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> Hello, all.  I'm back.  As far as the escrow question goes, I think that
> _any_ player should have the right to change their reinforcement orders
> based on others' political orders, especially declarations of war.  After
> all, even if war is not declared directly on you, your situation could be
> vastly different from the one in which you thought you were writing your
> reinforcement orders.  For this reason, I think that we would have people
> going back to rewrite their orders way too often (at least one player every
> turn, and maybe most of the players in a big shakeup).  So I am proposing
> that we use the escrow email only for political orders, and we send out our
> reinforcement orders after the political orders from everyone come in.  Of
> course, if you feel that nothing anyone will do in the political phase could
> affect your reinforcement orders, you can still send them out early - just
> not in the escrow.  I think that doing it this way will not slow us up very
> much, if at all, and will avoid a lot of confusing backtracking.

It would work fine to have one escrow for each set of orders.

> P.S:  I also propose that we send out a notification when we have sent our
> political orders into the escrow, unless there is some other way to know who
> has responded.

I could change it so it sends notification to the list on receipt of
orders, as well. That would be easy. In fact, I think I'll do it this
afternoon.

I'll be sending a short tutorial on how to start an escrow for everyone,
also.

--
J.