Kyle H on 12 Jun 2002 16:22:03 -0000

[eia] French political phase, Jan. 1805

POLITICAL PHASE:

    Diplomacy:  Nothing to report.
    Declarations:  France declares war on Berg, Hesse, Baden, Wurttemburg,
and Tuscany.  (France loses 5 political points.)
    Call to Allies:  N/A
    Peace:  N/A
    Creating Alliances:  None.
    Minor Country Control:  *Delayed, pending other countries' declarations
of war.*
    Breaking Alliances:  N/A
    Free State Declaration:  France announces the sovereignty of Piedmont
and Lombardy.
    Combined Movement:  N/A

REINFORCEMENT PHASE:  N/A.

    After we have Political orders from everyone and we know which minor
countries have been declared war on, we will take care of the Minor Country
Control Step.  First, everyone will declare which minor countries they are
interested in sponsoring.  Then, after everyone has done that, in the cases
where there is competition, we will all send out our die rolls using
http://www.pbm.com/dice/.
    So, in summary, we have a 3-step process, and each step needs to be
completed by everyone before the next step can begin.

1)  Everyone sends out political orders.
2)  Everyone declares which minor countries they are willing to sponsor (if
any).
3)  Everyone who is in competition over control of a minor country sends die
rolls to establish control.

So it looks like JJ is right:  we probably won't be able to shoot for the
weekly schedule for these first few turns.  But let's try to get through it
as quick as possible anyway.

Feel free to ask any questions,

kdh