Alex Fink on 7 Dec 2003 23:53:25 -0000

Re: [TCG] Clarification of rule 20

Kelly,

> I want to know the evaluation time for assigning an algorithm to a vertex.
>
> Ferret was proposed on 22 Oct. It passed on 1 Dec. Modified Ferret was proposed and passed on > 2 Dec.
>
> Rule 20 says: "If a new rule is created which is referring to this rule or if a rule is modified to refer > to this rule the evaluation time of all types of move stated by that rule is 12.00 GMT the day the
> rule was created, plus the given interval. "

> About this I have a few questions:

Well, in general, whoever wrote that section of the rule can answer you best, but here's my attempt.

> -When was the rule "created"? Was this when it went into effect on 1 Dec? (The other possible > interpretation is that it was "created" when it was proposed on 22 Oct.)

Yes.  When it was proposed it was not a rule at all, but merely part of a proposal.  This follows from some subset of rules 0 and 3 and 5 and 6.

> -When I changed the entire text of Ferret did that count as modifying it to refer to rule 20, though it > referred to that rule before I modified it?

I'm inclined to believe so.  This is more debatable than the answer to your first question.

> p.s. It seems that the PHP page thinks that today is Jan 1, 1970.

Really?  I didn't see this.

Alex