Robert BL on 2 Dec 2003 03:05:01 -0000

Re: [TCG] change of location

Alex,

> The PHP page won't listen to my change of location, or so it seems.
Oh no!
If you want to change your mirror state then type "mirror" as the change
of location.  Otherwise, type the coordinates of your destination vertex
as
an ordered pair, e.g. "(3,3)".  Anything other input will result in
your move being cleared.  This isn't documented anywhere, by the
way...sorry.

> Let j = 638744451552825586195849684159208546447.  Note that j is prime.
> Let e be the integer such that 0 <= e < j-1 and 5^e mod j =
> 247356435824133494663509716430209604813.  Let v be the least significant
> eight bits of e.  I move to vertex v, unless v is 0xff in which case I
> change my mirror-state.  I'll say what e and v are come the end of this
> evaluation period.  (Is this legal under rule 20?)

Rule 20 states:
A player may set or withdraw moves of any type at any time by storing eir
moves in such a way that after an evaluation time, other players should
be able to determine the changes to the gamestate resulting from moves
evaluated at that time.

I would imagine that you are required to announce the values of e and v
at or before the next evaluation time.  Otherwise, other players probably
won't be able to determine your move.  On the other hand, time is
relative... I'll forgive you if you're a few minutes late.

Robert