Alex Fink on 25 Nov 2003 04:52:15 -0000

Re: [TCG] New player

Kelly:

> If I want to take an action, do I just mail the list with that action (for example: "I accuse Alex of > inactivity", or "I transfer 4.59 units of money to nowhere")?

Yes.  You can also perform many actions at http://www.janos.ca/rbl/ , and this is what we normally do.  Robert Barrington Leigh who maintains that page should hopefully soon set up an account for you there.

In theory, the following part of rule 3 is relevant:

   All public announcements and private messages are allowed at any time during the game, but are not necessarily without consequence. A
   message is a public announcement if the person who produced it makes a good face effort to send, post, show, or otherwise communicate it to
   every other player.

   If a player states in a public announcement that e causes an action and e can legally cause that action according to the current ruleset, e causes
   the action at the time it was announced, unless otherwise stated by another rule.

> Do I have to specify which rule I'm invoking?

No, it should be obvious.

Alex