nfoo . nomic on 26 Aug 2003 06:33:08 -0000

[TCG] Re: pictorial space

Alex,

> In the PHP page's new Space representation, edges of form (x, y) -
> (x+1,  y-1) are not displayed.

I should be able to fix that after the PHP server reappears ( as I'm sure
you have guessed ! ).

> Also, I think the old vertex labels of Space {0, 1, ..., 13} are still
> in the gamestate, so it would be nice to display them.

If they are, they would seem to be the only thing in the gamestate that
isn't mentioned in the ruleset; this is why I assumed they weren't (and
why I called switch "vertex 11").  Incidentally, the dimension of Space
is not in the gamestate.

I create a proposal called "Space Dimension":
---
New Rule: SpaceDimension
*The dimension of Space is part of the gamestate.*

The colour of SpaceDimension is blue (colour 0x0000ff), because when I
think about dimension I'm inevitably drawn to fractals, and the
Mandelbrot fractal is often represented with blue lakes. The dimesion of
Space is currently 0 [because Space is nonempty and has finitinely many
vertices]. [The dimension of Space is not likely to change.]
---

Robert

                          wherever you are