Joel Uckelman on Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:22:11 -0500 (CDT)

[testlist] Fwd: [usoniangames] Fwd: auctions in board games

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Goadrich <richm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mar 6, 2006 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [usoniangames] Fwd: auctions in board games
To: usoniangames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just saw a game the other day that uses a Vickery Auction: Letzte
Paradies, das <http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/355> from Reiner Knizia

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/355

There's actually an auction for it on ebay now: 8773981868

NP-hard problems usually make interesting games because we usually have
some heuristics to solve them approximately.  My favorite is Ricochet
Robot.  At their root, all NP-complete problems are proven to be
related, but it's their different manefestations that make them
interesting by themselves.  Traveling-Salesman is supposed to be
Elfenland and Logistico, maybe Hansa a bit, but I haven't seen a game
with Min-Cover.

Mark