Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 13 May 2015 03:45:41 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] bnomic.org

On May 13, 2015, at 12:17 AM, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since the bnomic.org domain name had expired (and I was getting tired
> of looking up the location of the Administrator's spreadsheet :), I
> took the liberty of registering it again.  For now it just redirects
> to said spreadsheet, but I'm sure we can find something more
> interesting to do with it.
>
> Peter, if you'd rather control the domain yourself, just ask.

Thank you very much.

Honestly, I’d rather not control the domain. I only want to be Administrator long enough to get a real Ministry system (or at least an Administrator rotation) going. I’m certainly willing to take my turn in the administration of the game, but in no way is this “my” game. I just signed up to start because I figured that’d make it most likely to get the game going again, and I wanted to play it.

In terms of further technical aids we may want to use a domain for, I’m not sure yet. We did have systems in the past that tracked proposals and votes for us, but of course they need to be updated whenever we want to change those rules. Using a spreadsheet has worked pretty well so far (for the limited time I’ve been using it), and is pretty flexible about allowing automation. (I was quite happy how easy it was to set up an automatic calculation of the Clock. I’ve unhidden the “Clock Gears” tab in case others want to take a look.) And Google Sheets tracks history and makes it easy for multiple people to edit. So, let’s wait and see for now.

(And I apologize for the lack of line wrapping. I’ll work on seeing if I can set this client up to work properly.)

--
Peter C.