Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 12 May 2015 17:11:52 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Prop: Everybody's a Player

On May 12, 2015, at 3:27 PM, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> All External Forces which are self-aware sapient beings that have posted to a Public Forum since the 45th time prior that Midnight UTC occurred are known as Players, except for those who have Forfeited during that time.
>
> So forfeiting is to become permanent?

As others have said, the intent is just to prohibit it for 45 days. I did think that the ability to just quit and rejoin immediately may be unwise and contribute to scams, as the point of quitting in my mind is that it’s a public declaration that you don’t have time for the game at the moment. It wasn’t the main point of my proposed rule, but it seemed an elegant phrasing and I thought it was an added benefit. But if there’s a tradition that people want to uphold to allow quitting and immediate rejoining, I can try to reword it.

--
Peter C.