comex on Sun, 10 May 2015 14:26:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Prop: Brevity Incentive

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 6:53 AM, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First, the term “ruleset” is used but not really defined. I’ll note that Rule 3-1 listing the Eras of B as well as teucer’s “The Reset Button” prop also do this, but in those cases any reasonable definition of “the set of rules” work just fine. Where you’re counting characters though, it’d be nice to know if “ruleset” includes things like Section Titles and Rule Titles.

> Second, counting characters has a bit of ambiguity as well. Is this including whitespace characters? Are newlines two characters or one?

I was thinking this could be an area where the current dictatorial
nature of rule interpretation is an advantage - the count includes
whatever you want it to, no need to specify some unscammable but
complicated to calculate metric. ;p