Jamie Ahloy Dallaire on Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:10:22 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Testing

Since people seem to be paying attention... :-)

Would there be any interest in starting a self-destructing round of nomic?
What I have in mind is something that, in addition to a traditional nomic
ruleset, also includes a core of (truly) immutable rules that operate
something like a ticking timer that automatically ends the game when it
reaches zero, and govern the (difficult) ways in which the group of players
can temporarily halt or reverse the flow of time. There can't be a way to
just legislate our way around the timer.

What I'm interested in is the potential for tension between competitive
(seeking individual victory) and cooperative behaviour (trying to keep the
game alive).

Do let me know if this already exists!

Jamie