Arkady English on Mon, 17 Sep 2012 01:40:12 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Dipnomicy (again)

On 16 September 2012 01:02, Jamie Ahloy Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Arkady English <arkadyenglish@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>

>> 8. Proposals to transmute a rule require a unanimous vote to be adopted.
>> 9. Proposals which do not
>> 9. Conflicts between rules may be avoided by explicitly deferring or
>> taking precedence in the rule’s text.
>>

> Looks like Rule 9 got cut off and doubled down.

My bad. I'll fix this at game start.

>> 16. Each move submission must contain a rule-change proposal. These
>> proposals are distributed anonymously in the move report.
>>

> I like making proposals/voting and moves follow the same timescale. Perhaps
> the rules should specify which occurs first, though (a rule change or move
> resolution).
>
> Was not including a time requirement in the rules deliberate? Makes sense
> to leave it up to the Sec Gen.

It's up to the Sec. Gen., I guess, whether moves or rule changes
happen first. In truth, I forgot to even consider the issue. As the
first rule clarification:
RULE CLARIFICATION: In each turn units are moved before enacted
proposals take effect. Moves will not, therefore, become illegal
between submission and happening.

Re: timescale: I'll use the move report to issue deadlines. Not having
a regulated deadline allows some flexibility in the actual timescale -
the Sec. Gen can grant deadline extensions if they're needed for
whatever reason. This, combined with the rule that the Sec. Gen. must
act in the best interests of the game should naturally lead to a
timescale that suits everyone. Of course, nothing is stopping a
timescale being introduced into the rules formally.