Elliott Hird on Tue, 17 Jan 2012 06:44:31 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Game over?

On 17 January 2012 13:37, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Emergencies include, but are not limited to, the following:..."
>
> I'd say a deadlock preventing further play is still an emergency.

Unless another rule defines another way to start an emergency (while
we're *still in one*), that doesn't really mean much. I mean, if an
emergency automatically started whenever the dictionary definition of
"emergency" applied, B would have never been out of one.

> I've also always believed that all games, Nomic included, are instances of
> Pure Nomic, and as such carry the unwritten rule that all players may, by
> unanimous agreement, make any change to the rules or gamestate at any time.

A fair position, but one not popular with the B zeitgeist for a few
years before its death. Some of the players *did* exercise their right
to play whatever game they want, but it was in the form of starting a
new one (which quickly fizzled).