Rainbow Wolfe on Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:55:04 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] THE MOST NOBLE AND RESPECTABLE RULESET OF THE NOMIC FORMERLY KNOWN AS B:

We have currently 11 players, 3 and a bit players would be a third. Your
interpretation is quite correct but the rule would not have existed, or
should not have existed for anyone else to object to. By your rule we would
have needed part of another player to object which would not be technically
possible.

- Rainbow Wolfe

On 22 September 2011 22:11, Arkady English <arkadyenglish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 22 September 2011 21:58, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 21:45 +0100, Rainbow Wolfe wrote:
> >> 26. The creation of a rule fails if a third of the players object to it
> >> in the week following its creation.
> >> [[Value = -1 (INVALID)
> >> 0x44 +1, 0x44 +1, Turiski -1, Rainbow Wolfe -1, Arkady -1]]
> >
> > Didn't Arkady just create a time paradox with that? -1ing a rule
> > probably counts as objecting to it, and the rule was quite valid when
> > creating it, so the third -1 would retroactively cause the creation of
> > the rule that allowed creations of rules to retroactively fail to fail.
> >
> > --
> > ?

> I should point out that I did explicitly disfavor rule 26.
>
> Also, when I disfavored it, I'm pretty sure it was at +1.
>
> So I don't think I caused a time paradox.

Hobbes: Why are you digging a hole?

Calvin: I'm looking for buried treasure.

Hobbes: What have you found?

Calvin: A few dirty rocks, a weird root, and some disgusting grubs.

Hobbes: On your first try?

Calvin: There's treasure everywhere!