Rainbow Wolfe on Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:20:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Fwd: Initial Rules Set / Meta-Game - An Experiment in Thought Gaming

:) The game goes on

On 12 September 2011 15:52, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rainbow Wolfe wrote:
>
> > The Rules
> >
> > * Players have the right to create, discuss and agree on rules and rules
> > changes.
> > * New rules are added to The Rules and have to be followed by whomever is
> > required to follow them.
> > * B Nomic is dead from a lack of current interest. May she rest in peace.
> > This rule may be deleted if a rule is added to the current ruleset.
> >
> > [[Players, and the creation of players, is undefined and therefore there
> are
> > currently no players.]]
> > [[Creation, and the method of creation, is undefined and therefore
> nothing
> > can be created.]]
>
> I disagree.  It's reasonable to interpret that unregulated actions are
> possible.  Let's see if anyone agrees:
>
> I become a player.
>
> I create a new rule with the following {{{ }}}-delimited text:
> {{{
> A proposal is a rules change suggested by a player. The change occurs
> when all other players approve it.
> }}}

Hobbes: Why are you digging a hole?

Calvin: I'm looking for buried treasure.

Hobbes: What have you found?

Calvin: A few dirty rocks, a weird root, and some disgusting grubs.

Hobbes: On your first try?

Calvin: There's treasure everywhere!