Elliott Hird on Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:05:01 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] This game is boring, let's have an Emergency.

On 23 December 2010 20:54, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One, pragmatism.

THIS IS B.

EVERYTHING MUST BE TAKEN EXTREMELY LITERALLY AND PLATONICALLY.

IF WHAT YOU'RE REASONING BREAKS THE GAME, YOU'RE DOING IT CORRECTLY,
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

> Two, platonism. We are not in an emergency right now, because we
> didn't do the procedure properly; nothing since the "end" of the first
> era is real. Not much has happened in the game since then, aside from
> people joining and leaving, and it's time for B Nomic to be just
> coming out of the biggest slump in nomic history.

Now now, how different were the E1 and E2 rulesets? It might not be so
bad, we might just have to audit every single action since the
non-start of the second-Era-creating emergency until we find something
that results in the same game state whether the second era happened or
not.