Craig Daniel on Sun, 1 Aug 2010 17:05:39 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Fixing the Game

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Gabriel Vistica <gvistica@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rule 22 clearly states that, except for rule changes, anything not prohibited or
> regulated is unprohibited and unregulated. There's nothing in the ruleset that
> says proposals may be withdrawn, nor is there any penalty for doing so. Even
> looking at CFIs, the penalty is a loss of points, of which I have zero, and a
> negative score is currently impossible.
>
> Therefore, withdrawing of proposals is allowed, though I don't know what kind of
> havoc it could wreak on the Minister of Change...

...you know what this means, right? I withdraw all proposals. Not just
my own, yours too.

However, rule 76 applies. Changes to the gamestate are illegal. Unless
they're legal because of other things, as 76 defers to everything -
but rule 22 doesn't say everything is OK, it says everything not
prohibited is OK, which means things that change the gamestate are
still by default covered by 76.

Rule 22 mostly only means the rules don't purport to regulate things
beyond the scope of the rules, rather than meaning that the default
case for a possible gamestate change is that it's allowed. (Proto: add
in a comment to this effect to avoid confusing newbies with 22.) I can
only assume some abuse of the rules, or possibly retarded monkey
versions of ISIDTID of the sort that have plagued B for eons and
probably A before it for all I know, led to something being horribly
broken the other way; that thing is *at least* eight years old at this
point. (Not that it was continuously part of the B ruleset, but they
don't call it the Revival Era for nothing.)

 - teucer