Craig Daniel on Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:38:11 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Let's add some gameplay, shall we?

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Gabriel Vistica <gvistica@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'll volunteer to be the first Victim.

Cool.

> As for the Small Halls, how about Small Hall 22 (first floor) is the Lower Hall,
> while Small Hall 21 (upper floor) is the Upper Hall?

Sounds good.

> Various other questions:
> Would a newbie who just joined B Nomic be automatically positioned in the Foyer?

Yes.

> Are there 3 Phases or 4? And if there's 3, then does the Phase starting on
> Zarpint run through the end of the nweek until the Mulberry Phase starts?

3, and yes. This should probably be made explicit.

(The Phases being offset from the start of the nweek is to avoid
having any of them line up with people worrying about voting or
nweekly reports.)

> What happens if the Victim doesn't change their Location twice in a Phase?

Then they get Kicked in the Ass.

> When the Victim is killed, does the new Victim stay in the room where they
> killed the previous Victim? And what then would happen if the murder happened in
> the Foyer?

Yes, and then it sure would be crowded.

> How long have you been working on this??

I've been kicking the vague idea of implementing something like Kill
Doctor Lucky for a good while now, but came up with the specifics over
the last couple days.

> Excuse my noobness, but what's "gonzo and Bish"?

An awesome name for a rock band.

("Gonzo" is an adjective meaning approximately "wild and crazy," while
"Bish" is a nonce word meaning "in the fashion typical of B.")

> Various comments:
> B.9 (Body Count): It is unnessecary to reset someone's Body Count, as it is a
> dimension, and will therefore be reset upon the awarding of a Win.

Good point.

> Location-changing rules for the Victim, specifically the section about not
> doubling back, are a bit confusing, though the comment text helps some.

I'm still waffling about whether to include those. In the original
game, Doctor Lucky is an NPC who moves in a predictable and
deterministic path (starting somewhere at random and visiting the
rooms in the following order: A-M, Z-N in backwards alphabetical
order, then looping back from the Lower Hall to Lancaster). Some
predictability to exploit the bonus movement the Victim grants is
nice, but I also wanted to give the Victim some choices some of the
time.

> The name of Location H is misspelled in a few places as "Hege Maze".

Good catch. Thanks.