Alex Smith on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:57:46 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Wiki error message

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 08:07 -0500, Mike McGann wrote:
> FYI to those who it concerns:
>
> Being feisty, I tried to update a wiki page but got the following error:
>
> {{{
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
> software. The last attempted database query was:
>
> (SQL query hidden)
>
> from within function "SearchMySQL4::update". MySQL returned error "145:
> Table './g9/searchindex' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
> (localhost)".
> }}}

The update worked. I've seen a crashed search index in other MediaWiki
installations before; it doesn't actually prevent you doing anything
(except presumably searching), but it does cause many pages to not
display (if you can't see a page directly, you could try looking at its
edit view by adding ?action=edir to its URL). Still, it should probably
be repaired.

--
ais523