Craig Daniel on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:03:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Ending the Emergency

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 5:58 PM, James Baxter <jebaxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The rules, with the exception of rule 123 are all repealed and new rules are created. Rule 123's number is set to 0/0 and rule 72 is
> amended with today's date. I have copied the new rules to http://b.nomic.net/index.php?title=Rules&oldid=11856 but there are
> still some errors (specifically there are several typos, a rule 510 and a section E.3.2 between D.3.1 and D.3.3).

This being a formatting error, it is clearly within Rulekeepor
Wooble's powers of executive tidiness to fix. Good catch!

> Action takes place as though universal entropy exceeded maximum entropy so the clock is off for 3 wdays before the list of events
> in rule 49.B.6 takes place.

I submit a CFI: The old ndelay and the watch are equivalent, and so
the delay mandated by rule 49.B.6 has already been satisfied.

Evidence: the ndelay and the watch serve identical functions, as the
measurement of how long the clock has been off for. I believe it is
readily apparent that they are the same entity, merely with the name
changed and the description of its function rewritten.

 - teucer