Alex Smith on Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:15:53 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] I won't let B die!

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 18:38 +0000, Charles Walker wrote:
> 2009/12/1 Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> >>
> >> I agree; this seems to be the underlying cause behind the current
> >> lull. It would attract more players in any case, including Murphy and
> >> yuri.
> >
> > Suggestion: pick a random apparent ruleset from eras 3, 4, and/or 5, and
> > enact it. Then we try to fix all its major problems, by emergency if
> > necessary.
>
> That would be interesting, but I suggest fixing it before we propose
> it, if we pick a past ruleset which we already know the flaws of.

I don't. The periods of recursive problems caused by hurried attempts to
fix other problems are some of the most active in B's history. What I'm
trying to say here is, feverishly trying to fix problems is what B's
gameplay is mostly all about, and what seems to set it apart from other
nomics. So it's what we should aim for. (It would even take us out of a
slump!)

--
ais523