Geoffrey Spear on Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:11:11 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [change] Ballot for nweek 160 - 03 Nov 2009.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The correct verdict appears, to me, to rest entirely on whether or not
> reposting a message to the PF with the obvious intent of doing that
> stuff publicly works even if you don't chop off the headers and the >
> before every line. I assert that it does, and that making it
> straightforward to do things to the PF is in the best interests of the
> game - especially as people have been known to make such reposts with
> only the letters "ttPF" rather than an explicit "I do this ttPF." This
> former phrasing does not explicitly perform the actions any more than
> Marr's repost-with-apology did, but we have generally accepted it in
> the past.

'ttPF' is clearly a synonym for "I'm publishing the below-quoted
message to the public forum".  I'd argue that "sorry, I always get
this wrong" isn't, especially if the quoted message clearly got
something wrong other then being sent to s-d.
--
Wooble