Craig Daniel on Sun, 1 Nov 2009 19:07:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Contract for the Purposes of Personhood Definition Exploration (PftPoPDE)

More things I'm considering: the current US concept of corporate
personhood is, as I understand it, facing threats from the Supreme
Court right now, making it less clear to me that the legal meaning of
person is what it was when the Agoran decision was made.

It also seems strange to assert that the legal meaning of a term is
clearly established if it varies from one legal jurisdiction to
another; I can find no evidence that legal persons exist in civil-law
jurisdictions, though I may be mistaken.