Geoffrey Spear on Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:47:25 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Wrapup

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:21 PM, M P Darke <darkemalcolm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Objection, m'lud.
> Four of those nominations were illegal, as the Player with the nickname Walker does not have the Name Walker, i.e. that is not his Name, as defined my the rules. This means that there is no such Player as Walker.

The rules assign no importance whatsoever to nicknames, except making
is illegal to select a confusing nickname.  As long as the term used
to refer to someone is unambiguous, it works.  I don't believe we've
ever had a player with a name confusingly similar to 'Walker'.
--
Wooble