Kerim Aydin on Tue, 26 May 2009 11:27:23 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [CotC] CFJ 5 assigned to Judge 0x44

On Tue, 26 May 2009, Alex Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 09:13 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
>> So what happened when partway through the process the rules defining
>> rule changes disappeared entirely?  What order did everything happen
>> in?  If it was all repealed first, then there was no way to enact
>> anything.  If it was done one by one, there might have been moments
>> when the process broke.    -G.
>
> All the gamestate was destroyed apart from one instrument, which did the
> enacting in a block itself. That's where the now-repealed rule 5 came
> from.

Oh that's fine, I wasn't talking about what happened when Agora's ruleset
was adopted, I was assuming the prior rules of B allowed that.  I was
talking about "what happened if Wooble's proposal worked as advertised."
(E.g. a wholesale "ruleset A is replaced with ruleset B" would break
under Agoran rules).

I mean I have nothing against adopting a whole different ruleset and
maybe a non-appealed decision is a fine metagame way to do so as long
as we understand that's what we're doing...

-G.