comex on Mon, 25 May 2009 13:49:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [Assessor] Voting Results for Proposals 1945-1949

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Set all of the properties of all of the rules, including their ID
>>> numbers and Powers, to those found in that document.
>>
>> It's unclear whether this is meant to repeal all rules and enact new
>> ones, or amend rules as necessary to hold the new text; and in any
>> case an ordering to the rule changes (which probably makes a
>> difference in such a large set, just ask Suber) is not specified.
>> Accordingly, this fails by Rule 105.
>
> I CFJ on: {{The page at
> http://b.nomic.net/index.php?title=User:Wooble/Proposed_Ruleset&oldid=11379
> contains an accurate rendition of the text of each of the current
> rules.}}
>
> Arguments: The rule change was specified clearly enough to meet B's
> game customs.

Arguments: Rule 105 explicitly prohibits ambiguity, and I genuinely
don't know whether to mark the new rules as enacted or amended(1) by
your proposal, especially considering the apparently redundant second
paragraph.