Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 2 Apr 2009 19:46:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Consultation: Vote Power

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Oh, and is there a public display of rule signs anywhere? I can't find
> one
> > which means I had to count the rules out of Wooble's published rolls.
> Will
> > get a bit tedious if we have a lot of that to do.
>
> They're in categories on the rule wiki pages.  Probably they should be
> moved somewhere more useful.  non-semantic mediawiki kind of sucks for
> this sort of thing.

Ah, thanks!

Also, new argument about the consultation: I think it's impossible for
EVERYONE to have Vote Power zero.  Certainly, the players that joined at the
start of 156 (when B got resurrected) have vote power of 1, because theirs
was set to 1(at the start of ballotday of nweek 156) by a clause which was
amended out of rule 2-7 at the end of that nweek. And rule 1-14 explains
that default values actually just set values of attributes when the
attributes are created.

Players that joined since that ballotday (e.g. me, Darth Cliche, Tiger,
might be missing elseone) may have entered into a conflict between 2-2 and
2-7, though, and in that case would have 0 vote power. If not we all have 1
unless 2-7 and 3-14 aren't thought to conflict, in which case I have 0
anyway...

Yes, I think that sounds about right.

BP