Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:15:04 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Regeneration

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> /*
>   This was originally going to move to an Agora-style "announce 'I
>   intend to do X' and later announce 'I do X'", but I changed my mind.
> */
>
> Proposal:  Regeneration
>
> Amend Rule 2-1 (NTime) by appending this section:  {
>
> The Ministry of Time
>
> There exists a ministry known as the Ministry of Time.  The Minister of
> Time, also known as the Doctor, is responsible for maintaining a Public
> Display of the Clock, along with any actions that will occur or may
> occur automatically a certain number of ndays after another event
> [[such as actions without N objections or with N support]].

I move that we limit the doctor's responsibility to rule-defined automatic
events and to announced future game actions, excluding any that rely on
objection/support. I think the onus should be on the actor emself to carry
out the dependent action after the proper period has elapsed and
support/objection has been cleared. Otherwise, that can be A LOT for the
doctor to handle, at times.

Otherwise, in general terms, I do support bringing back the doctor.

BP