Geoffrey Spear on Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:32:53 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] up to speed

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Charles Walker
<charles.w.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just joined B Nomic after being advised it was a good time to join as
> it is poised to come out of a slump. I have read the ruleset but I'm not
> really clear on how and why B Nomic got into a state of emergency and what I
> can do at this point. Please can someone bring me up to speed on what is
> happening at the moment? Thanks in advance.

We have a rule that says that any text between a /* and a */ or a [[
and a ]] has no effect on the game.  We've recently realized that
given the most pedantic reading of the text of this rule, this means
that if any rule contains multiple comments, any text between those
comments also has no effect, either because the literal reading is
analogous to greedy regular expressions or because in "]] TEXT [[" the
text is 'between' a [[ and a ]].

The upshot of this is that the Clock has been off for over a year, and
during that time it's been impossible to submit proposals. Any fun
that anyone thought they were having playing under the old rules
therefore didn't exist, so we must adjust our mental states as
necessary.  Or, you know, not.
--
Wooble