Ed Murphy on Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:30:47 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Administrivia

comex wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Bah.  I've always been opposed to Agora's registration model; if a
>> prospective player isn't the type of person who gets enjoyment out of
>> reading the ruleset to ascertain the exact way to navigate the
>> bureaucracy needed to become a player, I say they're not cut out for
>> Nomic.
>
> Note that you can create a Motion to Add targeting yourself by
> publicly indicating you wish to join and giving a name.  Thus,
>
> - I want to join the game --> failure

Arguably successful, provided that some distinguishable name is
included in the To: header.

> - I want to join the game as comex --> success
> - I create a Motion to Add --> failure

Also arguably successful (but this one is more of a long shot),
assuming that non-players can't submit a MtA targeting anyone else.