Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:20:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] B Nomic Fix

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM, David E. Smith <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:13 AM, M P Darke <darkemalcolm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > You do realise that my Tweak would fix B Nomic, don't you?
>>
>> No it wouldn't, since it presupposes that it's possible to submit and
>> activate a Tweak, which presupposes that the comment bug doesn't
>> exist, which implies the game's not broken anyway.
>>

> Wouldn't it be worthwhile to just shrug and allow the alleged change anyway,
> so that in 2016 or so when A Nomic has been turned into a minefield there's
> a B Nomic to come back to?

The real problem is all the Tweak does is remove the complexity from
the game without actually addressing the real problems.  Macks, the
Grid, etc., require complex recordkeeping, but they have nothing to do
with why we think the game is broken.  Gutting the ruleset isn't the
solution, even if I personally would rather play a game without
weapons and Health.
--
Wooble