Justin Ahmann on Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:06:53 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] A gamestate clarification request to the Administrator

A parable:

Alice was visiting her friend Bob one afternoon.  Their conversation got to a point when Alice asked, "May I borrow a book?"

Bob replied, "Sure.  Take any one of mine that I've read before."

"How can I tell if you've read it?"

"The ones I've read are the ones between a red bookend and a blue bookend."

So Alice went off wandering the house.  She came across a bookshelf with seven items on it.  They were (from left to right)

a red bookend
"The Fellowship of the Ring"
a blue bookend
"The Two Towers"
a red bookend
"The Return of the King"
a blue bookend

She selected "The Two Towers".

When she revealed her choice to Bob, he said, "But I haven't read that one!"

"What?" she asked.  "It was between a red bookend and a blue bookend!"

"Stop being a retarded monkey," said Bob.

Now, Bob's utterance being a vague description rather than an ironclad rule, Alice and Bob were able to agree that "The Two Towers" was not a valid choice.  But if it had been a rule...

Codae