bnomic on Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:18:46 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] A gamestate clarification request to the Administrator

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:32:41 +0000, Elliott Hird
<penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree. I've never argued with trying to break the game - just
> picking a literal interpretation of what the rules actually say.
>
> In this case, the sane interpretation is one perfectly literal
> possibility. Let's pick it.

As worded the Comment clause of Rule 5e7 (and because it's word-for-word as
written from 2006 all of its ancestors) is a greedy matching algorithm. If
it were non-greedy, it would explicitly state that comments are from the
delimiter to the first closing delimiter.