Ed Murphy on Mon, 9 Feb 2009 12:16:07 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] A gamestate clarification request to the Administrator

0x44 wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:54:16 +0000, Elliott Hird
> <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Suggestion: Interpret this leniently just for once so we don't have to
>> bother with this.
>
> BINA

Proto-Proposal:  Interpreting the Rules

Create a rule titled "Interpreting the Rules" with this text:

      When interpreting and applying the rules, the text of the rules
      takes precedence.  Where the text is silent, inconsistent, or
      unclear, it is to be augmented by considering game custom, common
      sense, past judgements, and consideration of the best interests
      of the game, and then doing the opposite.