Tyler on Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:23:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] (no subject)

I think it's pretty clear that the list of weapon types describes the
characteristics of the weapons themselves, not the types alone. Otherwise,
where does it say how many uses the Pencils have? Nice try.

But it might be possible for the weapon to come into existence, only without
a name. Nothing says that just because the name is taken the weapon can't be
created. Still, I think it's a real stretch.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> j wrote:
>
> > Next step: is there only one mack in existence?
>
> Macks have no rule-specified names.  Weapons are broken because 5E49
> explicitly says--
>
> No, wait, I claim the latest answer to 205 to be INCONSISTENT.  5E49
> explicitly says (a) that all Weapons have a name and (b) what the names
> of *types* of Weapons are, but never assigns names to *instances* of
> weapons.  Thus, by my "the OCB's name is Fred" precedent, instances have
> names but we don't know what they are.

 -Tyler