teucer on Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:03:18 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Oooops Priests

On 1/27/09, Elliott Hird <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2009, at 16:19, Ed Murphy wrote:
>
>> Both meanings are reasonable, but one leads to breakage and the other
>> doesn't.  See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxbe_fix
>
> However, B generally picks the most literal view recently, which in
> this case leads to breakage. Shit happens, I guess.

Recently?

Good sir, I point you to
http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200307/msg00037.html

(Note: this didn't actually work, but only because the judge of the
resulting CFI found an alternative literal way to read the rules such
that it was nonetheless possible to move in the Dimensions.)