Ed Murphy on Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:00:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Beast Trick - nday 1, nweek 155

Billy Pilgrim wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Justin Ahmann
> <quesmarktion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> I submit the following Transaction:
>>
>> BEGIN TRANSACTION
>> Assertion: The Trick most recently performed by the OCB is "Build Jackpot".
>> Action: I Punish the Operantly Conditioned Beast.
>> END TRANSACTION
>

> Well, we don't have transactions anymore. But e did perform the trick in
> question, just to no effect.
>
> I think the action in Codae's message still works, given that it's
> surrounded by (now) meaningless text. I'll count it unless someone contests
> that.

Arguably, when a rule stating "X is interpreted as Y" is repealed, but
(a) no other definition of X is adopted and (b) Y could still happen if
spelled out explicitly, then the definition remains part of game custom
and usable as such.