Ed Murphy on Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:18:08 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Stepping up

ehird wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2009, at 13:27, Ed Murphy wrote:
>
>> As allowed by Rule 5E21, I assign the Ministry of Questions to myself,
>> specifying a Reward Value equal to its current Reward (m100 according
>> to the Ministries PD).
>
> Sigh, we have to go through an election period now.

5E32:

        * the Decision's Deadline, a point in time after the start of
          Ballotday of the nweek, by default the end of the nweek (where
          "the nweek" is the nweek that the Decision was created), or
          the end of next nweek if it is after Ballotday

      A Decision's Voting Period is the duration of time between
      Ballotday of the nweek it was created and its Deadline.

5E23:

        * the Deadline being the end of nday 10 of the nweek the
          Election was created

On January 22 (late in nweek 154), in this order:
  * you nominated yourself and accepted
  * Tyler nominated himself and accepted
  * comex nominated me but I didn't accept

I think this interacts as follows:

  * Your action created an election starting on nday 10 of nweek 154
    and ending with your action, thus making you the Chosen One.

  * Tyler's action worked the same way.

  * Tyler's resignation and my self-installation thus worked.

I'll leave it to someone else to propose a rule fix (this is too
complicated for a Tweak).

Also, more stuff that just recently hit the archive:

00347  Marr965:  "Was Marr965 allowed to find the answer to consultation
         168 Inconsistent?"
00349  201 answered YES by 0x44
00351  201 declared CONSISTENT by Marr965
00352  teucer:  "Is the message quoted below spam?"
00353  Marr965:  "Is the Unbeliever named in a Consultation allowed to
         give reasons for their actions, if their actions are questioned
         in the Consultation?"
00356  200 answered YES by Billy Pilgrim
00360  (00353) ZOTted
00361  (00352) ZOTted
00362  (00347) ZOTted
00363  Tyler resigns MoQ:  "I note that Consultation 191 needs to be
         reassigned, and Consultations 195-203 (or 195-202?) need to be
         recorded in the PD."